Go to the Main Business Forum page

Day 7/4. One week into the American National Emergency. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Day 7/4. One week into the American National Emergency.

GordonJ
March 19, 2020, 11:20 AM
It is relatively calm. In a manner of speaking, and perhaps that is because of the quick action toward isolation.

We still have young idiots going on Spring Break, the Bros feel they can handle a touch of a the flu, no biggie wow.

Sure, their immune systems may be up for the task, but when they come home and spread things around, how many are going to pay for their fun in the sun?

Anyhoo, can't do anything about that stuff.

Which is my point today. I am trying to FOCUS on what I can do. What action I can take now, what activities will bring about a better future with the hope that once this "runs its course" and there is the other side to it, I won't have lost a lot of time doing things which I had no control over.

CASE STUDY. How one guy made 5,000 bux this week with a single piece of paper and some talk.

Interested?

Last week I attended several webinars, podcasts and video chats all from people with ideas on what to do, etc. (Truthfully, I didn't hear anything even remotely as good as what Dien and I have, but we don't have it ready, do we, so CRED to those who acted faster).

OK, so look at what marketer Colin Theriot did last week. He charged 13 dollars and did a webinar, which had a bad start of technical problems, and he is now adding a part two, and maybe more. He started a private Facebook group, now at 391 members.

Assuming the other 390 paid the 13 bux like I did, that is $5,083.00

He had a MIND MAP he went over. A single piece of paper, and had it in PDF form too. The two hour presentation was a good beginning conversation on how to get "to the other side" of this and profit if you can during this.

He now has the second one tomorrow, and at 27 dollars, if you missed out on last weeks, you can get both.

Sure he did work before, getting his mind map ready, collecting and organizing his thoughts...but dang man...2 hours of chat, a single piece of paper and a 5k week, is not too shabby at all. Sure, he has a ready market and eager buyers in his group.

My point is: INFORMATION is still a worthwhile way to make money in these trying times. Glenn Osborn and I have bounced ideas here about everything from cookbooks, recipes for the Rocket Stove, and we've had ideas shared about what is going on OUT THERE.

My biggest concern for everyone is: when BOREDOM and cabin fever set in, will we have more Bros out there running around aiding the spread of Covid-19. Self isolation gives us a chance.

On a different note, the Veteran's Administration has sent out an emergency email, they want Vets to call before visiting a VA facility. They have added a new VIDEO connect service, where you can be "examined" by a health care professional and advised on whether or not you need to come to a facility.

As Dien noted, some stocks have shot up while the market tanks, those who have these video connect type services.

Stay safe, keep productive and do something today for a better tomorrow.

Gordon Jay Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page