Go to the Main Business Forum page

Supply Chain Thoughts [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Supply Chain Thoughts

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

GordonJ
November 18, 2021, 10:30 AM
Thanks Millard.

One good thing about selling Intellectual Property (Information) is, there is never a supply problem and when one focuses on DEMAND, it allows for quick and easy creation of supply for THAT demand.

I remember stocking up in 1999 (you'll find that adventure in our archives) for the impending Y2K disaster. HA.

HA!!!

Had to eat freeze dried soups for years. Yummy.

As for stocking up on barteriffic items...sure alcohol, tobacco and firearms will be in demand, although, I think the guy with the most ammo, even if he is a "Rittenhouser: (someone who doesn't understand what a gun does)...

the guy with the biggest gun and willingness to use it

will have all the t'baccy hooch and moonshine he wants.

The next civil war, due in 2024, won't hardly affect the Hatfields and McCoys of yesteryears, not to cast dispersions on their descendants...but plenty of folk in the holler won't even notice the blood in the city streets.

Even then, the right INFORMATION will have a lot of value and can be used to get the goods and services one needs.

Gordon

Every day we hear about the ships stuck out west with no one to unload them.

We hear about goods not being available.

Over at our local Walmart, we have most everything we could want. Sure, we have a few items that are missing, but for the most part, most goods are available.

We made a point last year, when things were dicey to stock up on soups and other canned goods and get a small freezer. We haven't had issues.

One thing I did think about recently was a post from a well known website suggesting two items to get as trade items, if needed.

Liquor and cigarettes.

Ha ! I neither smoke or drink, so it would be fun having someone see me pick up a few cartons of cigs or a few bottles of Jim Beam.

I do remember reading over the years that these two items are especially valuable in hard times since people always want to smoke or drink, even when times are tough. (Or because of tough times)

The last few times I went to the store I noticed plenty of booze and cigs. There seems to be NO shortage here.

Something to think about.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page