Go to the Main Business Forum page

Supply Chain Thoughts [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Supply Chain Thoughts

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

GordonJ
November 18, 2021, 12:53 PM
Information on just about any and everything is within a few keystrokes today...

but as is with all information, from MY perspective

As someone who SELLS it is:

Getting and having the information is fine if one is a user, but to profit from it, you have to serve it up to those who want it, as in every niche.

Avid magicians might be interested in your tricks, but avid bird watchers (for example) could care less how great your magic skills are.

The Kurt Saxons and Gary Norths of the info world had their heyday with Y2K and are now very niched.

And that is one of the secrets of successful infopreneuring, give the niches the scratch for their itches.

Gordon

Gordon,

You make a good point. The right info beats the pants off trade goods in the long run. Years ago I read a book called Lucifer's Hammer. It was about a large comet heading towards earth and the aftermath once it hit.

In the book, an aging, but brilliant scientist, was able to use his knowledge of chemistry, history, mathematics... along with a rag-tag group of folks to fight off packs of roving gunmen that wished to take what they had.

Although this book was fiction, it showed what a little knowledge and common sense could do in a tough situation.

Kurt Saxon had a series of books that took old information from books years ago that could help people create forges, run mills, even learn reloading.

I realize that if a new civil war occurs, the ones with applied knowledge and some skills will make do and survive.

There is information about the skills our grandparents learned that is still out there... you just have to dig to find it. (Can you say old bookstores?)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page