Go to the Main Business Forum page

The power of the Mastermind revisited... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The power of the Mastermind revisited...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dien Rice
June 7, 2022, 06:13 PM
As far as I know, the concept of a "Mastermind" group originated with Napoleon Hill, in his book "Think and Grow Rich"...

Though some have added to it and helped us understand it more deeply - including Gordon Alexander and Glenn Osborn... I also read a short book on it by Mark Silver (which is not generally available to my knowledge)...

What is a Mastermind?

Napoleon Hill defined it as...

"Coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit of harmony between two or more people, for the attainment of a definite purpose."

We've all heard the phrase, "Two heads are better than one!"

However, the caveat is that these "two (or more) heads" should be in "harmony" of purpose... Without the harmony, it may not be helpful...

Two people snarling at each other like two dogs fighting... wishing to kill each other... is not a "Mastermind"...!

I have a "loose" mastermind... It consists of people like one of my brothers, as well as Gordon Alexander, and a few others...

It is really important WHO is in your Mastermind... For business purposes, you want to choose others who are also entrepreneurial... Not people who will automatically knock your ideas down for the sake of it, because they don't want to see you succeed!

We can expand more on this later... :)

Till later,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page