PDA

View Full Version : Your vision is beyond 20/20

Boyd Stone
June 6, 2001, 01:00 PM
Hi!

You wrote:
> Interesting point Boyd, when you look at
> that Pictogrigm I have people draw, it sort
> of looks like a MICROSCOPE slide doesn't it?

I only learn from the best.

> Thanks for your post, you've summed up the
> ESSENCE of business success in ONE sentence,
> but then, that is YOUR gift...sifting,
> compressing and separating the wheat from
> the chaff.

The day I realized that, some months ago, I transitioned from a struggler to a potential winner in that very second. In a way I wish I hadn't already figured out what I was born to do, because if I hadn't your message would have changed my life.

If anyone is interested in a few more thoughts on this subject, here they are:

The human brain is wired slightly incorrectly in that people tend to not know what they know. You know?

Somewhere in each of our brains it's conceivable that we know what we were born to do. But for some reason it's hard to move that knowledge from wherever it's normally kept to the other place in our brains where we can examine it and use it to make decisions.

Here's an example: Dominick Dunne was born to write about celebrities or rich people who get in trouble. (His life story was recently on Biography.) For all his life Dunne had an overriding interest in celebrities or rich people, and especially the ones in trouble. Finally, broke and in his late 50s Dunne was, for various reasons, having to rebuild his life from Square One. His editor suggested he write about celebrities in trouble and, as Dunne said, "A light suddenly turned on." Unsurprisingly he achieved major success in life very quickly after that.

He found, after way too many decades, the Optimum way to Express his interests in the Form of Sellable Products (major points are capitalized), which sounds like a pretty good way to live.

Sincerely,

- Boyd

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page