Go to the Main Business Forum page

Incredible story. Remember Famous Amos? Mrs. Fields? The Original Cookie? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Incredible story. Remember Famous Amos? Mrs. Fields? The Original Cookie?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dien Rice
September 14, 2022, 03:46 AM
Hi Gordon,

Wow, some of those cookies look pretty amazing! (More sophisticated than Mrs Fields cookies... from memory, as it's been a while...)

I like the idea of a "rotating" cookie menu... The selection of what's available changes every week...

Which reminds me of something I came across in some of my business research, during the pandemic...

Some restaurants took to having rotating menus, where the menu might change weekly, or have different items on different days of the week... More so than usual...

I think it was a way to encourage people to order from the restaurant more often... I suspect it worked.

(The restaurants I observed in my city which adopted some type of "rotating" menu, seemed to be the ones which have been more likely to have survived...)

Thanks for sharing!

Dien

Byrds Cookies?

Now, get this. Started in 2017 with one store in Logan, Utah, cousins Jason McGowan and Sawyer Hemsley started CRUMBL COOKIES.

https://crumblcookies.com/

Today, they are one of the fastest growing franchises in America, with over 300 bakeries and more being added daily.

In 5 years, from one store to over 300, that is about as fast as it gets. A lot to be learned from this, one thing, that much of that growth was just before and DURING the pandemic, and now, they are filling up areas at breakneck speed.

There very modern, clean, almost Apple looking high tech type of store has lines out the door.

So, a crowded market? With big name Competitors? Starting from scratch with little knowledge about even how to bake a cookie, to this kind of RAPID SUCCESS? A story worth your study.

Thanks to Steve DiMarco for bringing this to me, and by the way, his wife operates a little cookie business in Rochester, N.Y., it is known for great biscotti and her Holiday Fig cookies are to die for.

Speaking of Steve, we are getting the report ready about his very successful BUSINESS CARD CONNECTIONS business, one which might be replicated anywhere, for the right person. That should be ready end of the month.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page