Go to the Main Business Forum page

Re: I just KNEW there was a real secret about all this... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Re: I just KNEW there was a real secret about all this...

Steve MacLellan
June 8, 2001, 07:25 AM
"Behind much success is a MAN with a good idea, and behind many successful men is a WO-MAN who says it won't work". And when he proves it to her that it DOES work, then they are both happy campers.

So, where do I place my Personal Ad...??

From my experience, women (wives especially) can be the loudest "nay sayers" in your life. Their words and actions "cut the deepest." Choosing (and you CAN choose) how you deal with this can "make you" or "break you."

A couple of years ago my wife finally "had it." I was wasting too much time. Working for the "man" and working on my own business was keeping me occupied 18-20 hours per day. She kicked me out. All of my friends and family dis-owned me. There isn't any exceptions to make here. Everyone close to me was against me.

I grew up in a small Nova Scotia town. The population was 150. The town had the Bay of Fundy to the South and the Woods to the North. From the time I was 8 years old, I got lost in the woods many of times. I loved the Woods, and wouldn't stay out of it. Pretty hard to stay out of it when your North field borders a Woods that stretches for miles. Even being chased by a bear a couple of times didn't deter me. Whenever I was lost in the woods, who could I count on getting me out?

So if you liken the issue of friends and family to the Woods, who could I count on getting me out?

(he-he)

I got myself out of the Woods and brought my business with me.

I'm sure having some support would be a huge benefit. Now my wife and I are re-united and my friends and family are willing to listen to me again. I just feel if you're going to make a "go" of things, you have to develop the confidence and belief in the one person that will be responsible for your success. That's you.

Best Regards,
Steve MacLellan

homebusiness-websites.com (http://homebusiness-websites.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page