Go to the Main Business Forum page

This technique is powerful for "opening doors"... [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This technique is powerful for "opening doors"...

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Dien Rice
October 10, 2022, 03:55 PM
Hi Millard,

Thanks for sharing that!

I happened to read Dale Carnegie's "How to Win Friends and Influence People" when I was in high school... and immediately tried it out!

It's true... His method often works to "open doors!"

The only times I've found it difficult to use is on the rare occasion when I can't find anything in common with someone... (As it's a lot easier to ask them questions about their interests when you know at least something about the topic!)

But yeah... Dale Carnegie's approach gets a big endorsement from me...

Thanks for sharing that, Millard! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Thanks!

This reminds me of something I learned while taking the Dale Carnegie course years ago... People love talking about themselves.

Finding something good about someone and saying something makes the day for most people. More importantly, when talking with someone and they mention something that they are interested in, encourage the person to talk more about it. You'll find that the person you are talking with will light up and speak for several minutes. Additionally, the person you are talking with will think you are a great conversationalist !

Letting people know you care about them goes a long way in making things go smoothly. You will also make friends and create business.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page