Go to the Main Business Forum page

Some rocking chair thoughts about STORED VALUE. [Archive] - Page 13 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some rocking chair thoughts about STORED VALUE.

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15

GordonJ
November 13, 2022, 10:40 AM
Thanks Gordon,
Another Way to Say, "Stored Value" is TURNS.
At least they seem Similar.
I Increased a Vitamin Store Owners Sales of Snacks by 800%
8 Times a Day - His Helper had to Drive to The Warehouse and Re-Order.
Pop-Corn
Pretzels
Cheese Puffs.
Store owner said, "I don't want to Sell Snacks at 5% Margin.
I said, "If You TURN the 5% margin Snacks over 3 Times - that is 15%
5 Times is 25% Margin.
8 Times is 40%!!!!
Do 8 Turns with 3 Snacks - that is 120% Margin.
I Couldn't get it thru his head.
He Fired me.
Thanks,
Glenn
P.S. - I was REALLY Proud of this too.
I Used MONSTER FOOT Prints from the Front Door to a FREE SNACK table. Kids followed the UGLY Monster Footprints with Giant Green Toes.
Then Back at the Register.
With a WALL of Snacks.
Mommy, Mommy - I want....

I see the Jay Abraham in you Glenn, THANKS. Jay made a fortune telling his clients and proteges how to extract the stored value from a business, I think it is his foundational principal innit it?

Not surprised, considering his time spent at Bud Weckesser's and then Harvey Brody's feet as a student. And Harvey did time with Joe Cossman, who learned a lot from a guy who also made a fortune in remote direct marketing.

Extracting more profits from EXISTING customers and referrals is a very good foundation to build on, just as Jay built his marketing foundation by seeking out and learning from some of the best, until he was able to share his strategies with others, whom are now an 'older' generation of marketers.

Soon, the Parade of Life will have all newbies in the field, and new businesses will be on the list to discover these TURNS, or stored value of marketing, and all the secrets of the past...and apply them to a new crowd of customers, clients and consumers.

Three words I don't want to deal with. Clients, customers and consumers. Of the three, I advise to jettison the first two, and focus on the consumers.

I order a certain coffee every month, like clockwork, from Amazon and two days later, it shows up on my door. I don't have a relationship with the company, never talked to, met, or even care about any of their employees...as long as the product is the same every month, I will continue to buy.

See, I am the IDEAL avatar for this company, I AUTOMATICALLY consume, reorder/consume...REORDER/consume, and I may be one of several million doing so.

Clients are a pain. Sure, they can be lucrative, but I'm rocking back looking at decades of time I could have used better, if someone had told me this years ago.
FORGET CLIENTS.

Forgettabout CUSTOMERS.

Find C O N S U M E R S and live like a king.

That might make for a more detailed discussion.

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page