Go to the Main Business Forum page

An opportunity...ed2go.com [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : An opportunity...ed2go.com

singer1993
September 24, 2006, 12:06 AM
I have been watching---reading---OK, lurking--from the Sowpub background for more than a year now, and in the last couple of weeks have been going through the archives from Sowpub’s beginning. It’s been fascinating to get soaked in all of that knowledge and discussion in large chunks instead of a few entries a day (I’m currently on page 54, working my way down)…and many people who posted during that time wrote things that speak to the circumstances in my life right now.

I am taking their (your) collective advice and hope to be a more active participant here.

I want to start by sharing an opportunity I know of. So many of us here would like to work at home (myself included—I would dearly love to escape the corporate world, and I’m about to take that deep breath before I jump), but the lack of structure can be a little daunting if you’re trying to get off the ground from scratch. If you have a particular area of expertise that you think you could teach online, check out www.ed2go.com.

I first took one of their online computer classes in 1999, while I was moving from the Northeast to the Midwest. The classes are non-credit, and offered through more than a thousand colleges and universities. I have since taken two more classes and all three were of excellent quality. No books are required—the course material itself can be printed out as a reference guide.

I have no affiliation at all with ed2go, but I did make a proposal to them to teach a course in beginning French back in 2001. My proposal was a little flawed (a lesson learned) and they now offer a French course with a different instructor.

As an ed2go instructor, you write the course, and when it’s finished, they offer it online through their network. You don’t need to know HTML; you don’t handle student logins or grade quizzes or add/drop students. You just facilitate the posted course. You don’t even pay to participate! They require that you spend 10 hours a week facilitating your class.

Their courses are diverse: computers, professional development, business, personal enrichment…the site gives a list of courses they’re currently looking to develop, but you could probably propose one of your own.

If you’re interested, go to www.ed2go.com and click on Teach With Us.

Regards to all,

Cindy Dunn
“Success is how high you bounce after you hit bottom.”
General George S. Patton

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page