Go to the Main Business Forum page

Itinerant Salesman Question [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums


View Full Version : Itinerant Salesman Question

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Sandi Bowman
November 17, 2006, 10:27 AM
Normally you only have to pay state taxes in the state in which your business is headquartered. This is not universal, however, so do check it out...a simple phone call will get you their standard brochure or an answer.

While we're on the interstate sales question, do be sure to check out the licensing situation no matter where you go. Most states have reciprocity agreements but some do not, unfortunately.

Beware local licensing also. Around here every little hamlet, town, etc has their own $25.00 to $100.00 or more fee depending on how your sales are approached. It's also why you need a permit for your garage or yard sale (l or 2 yearly allowed). It's a protectionist racket for the local businesses around here.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page