Go to the Main Business Forum page

A question/suggestion for Dien [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A question/suggestion for Dien

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Dien Rice
November 22, 2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the reply, Michael.

Used to do that but then someone told me that my system remains logged in and that anyone could then use my login. They also said that it used a lot of Dien's resources. Right? Wrong? I don't know...thus the query.
Hi Sandi,

To be honest, I don't really know the answer! In some cases, I'm still learning about the specifics of this forum software...

What Michael said seems like it could be good advice. I don't think you need to log out if you're using your own computer. However, if you're using a "public" computer (eg. at a library or at an "internet cafe") then it's probably best to log out when you're done (so others can't post, pretending to be you)...

I don't think it would use up any extra resources of the server of this web site. I think just not logging out keeps the "cookies" on your computer, which then tells the software who you are, etc. (That's my guess anyway!)

Thanks for asking! Maybe someone else here might know more about this, who is more familiar with vBulletin software? If so, please let us know...!

Cheers,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page