Go to the Main Business Forum page

A little story about my niece Tara... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : A little story about my niece Tara...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Dien Rice
November 28, 2006, 08:09 AM
Sorry if this doesn't seem to have much to do with business... I wanted to share a little bit of my personal life.

Many of you don't know that I'm a (relatively recent) uncle!

One of my brothers (I have two) had a baby daughter just over a year ago. My niece's name is Tara. It's quite fascinating how a baby develops so quickly!

I remember when my niece Tara was so small, she couldn't even turn herself over if she was lying on her back. She found it so frustrating. Unfortunately, I don't get to see Tara that often (Tara's Dad and Mom - that is, my brother and sister-in-law - live in a different city from me). However, I saw Tara when she was trying to crawl. And Tara has since developed from crawling to walking!

It was a struggle for her, and she fell down many times trying to walk. However, each time, she just got up and tried some more. She didn't give up! She perservered! And eventually, she succeeded!

Just think, each of us went through those stages early in our own lives. You were once too weak to crawl, but... You didn't give up. You perservered... Until you could crawl. Then you tried again until you could walk. And again until you could run, and again until you could ride a bicycle. And you kept trying until you could drive a car...

What a life lesson! Don't you think?

Maybe it is related to business after all... :)

Cheers,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page