Go to the Main Business Forum page

Sign Up for An E-Zine... On a Mayonnaise Jar??? [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sign Up for An E-Zine... On a Mayonnaise Jar???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Rick Smith
May 15, 2002, 09:31 AM
I like the Miracle Whip brand of "salad dressing" by Kraft Foods. As I was putting some on my ham biscuit this morning, (It's good. Try it!), I noticed something *very* interesting.

Somebody in the marketing department got it very right. Here's what was on the label of the jar:

"Solve the Time Crunch"

"kraftfoods.com real help in real time"

"Try Recipes by E-mail"

"What could be better than finding great recipes online? Having them delivered right to your desktop! With Recipes by E-mail you get delicious and easy recipes that your family will love delivered to you as often as you choose. You can even customize Recipes by E-mail to suit your family's tastes. Visit kraftfoods.com and sign-up for Recipes by E-mail today."

Look at how many elements they got *right* by doing this.

1. They're promoting to the target market. How do I know that? I had their product in my hands!

2. They used an offline item to further market themselves online. I've heard of putting your online info on business cards, invoices, cars, license plates, etc. but this takes things to a whole new level.

3. The e-zine is free.

4. The short, simple message about the e-zine is *loaded* with benefits. "Real help in real time", "Solve the Time Crunch", "delicious and easy recipes", "customize Recipes by E-mail to suit your family's tastes", etc.

5. They will be able to build an all important list that I'm sure they'll market to.

6. The cost to print this on the label was probably relatively low since they had to print the label *anyway*.

7. Whose products do you think they'll feature in the recipes? *BG* And of course, that will drive you to buy Kraft products to use in your recipes.

So many times the big companies seem clueless when it comes to creating direct response marketing campaigns. This is one that got it *very* right this time.

Rick Smith, "The Net Guerrilla"

Click Here to Discover How to Create a Great new Life for Yourself In Only 10 Days! (http://www.10daystoagreatlife.com)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page