Go to the Main Business Forum page

Fastest way to double $500, $1000, $2500, $5000, $10000? [Archive] - Page 13 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to double $500, $1000, $2500, $5000, $10000?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]

Michael Ross
August 10, 2002, 11:23 AM
> I don't have time to address every "I
> said, You said" in your message, so let
> me summarize my thoughts:

Phew... good... took me ages copying and pasting because the forum won't keep old messages which should have two > symbols ;o)

> So he INVESTED $500 in his new business. I
> just don't see your line of reasoning . . .

I used it as an example of what could be achieved to turn $500 into more money when not "invested".

Obviously I read and understood your question from a different point of view as you had intended.

So now that I know all you want to do is turn $500 into much more, and you don't care how, just how fast, I can answer with a bit more 'freedom'...

My basic answer is: Sell Chattel (whether you buy it first or get it for nothing and whether you use techniques from The Chattel Report or John McTighes report or the techniques Cornell has shared recently, doesn't matter) and/or Start a Service Business.

The type and age of chattel and type of service business are personal preferences.

Consider yourself... you mentioned Programing before. Is there any way you can provide Personal/Private Training?? (service with an element of repeatability) Code Checking Service?

Does your knowledge of programing give you added knowledge of other items programers buy and sell - computers, certain cables, accessories, etc. - new or old? (chattel)

And if that doesn't appeal, there's always the 'buy from Sam's Club and sell to secretaries' method Don Alm has written about before. That appears to be pretty fast.

Is that more the type of thing you were looking for or were you looking for something more specific?

Michael Ross

More ideas here (http://www.sowpub.com/cgi-bin/to.cgi?l=sfgreatideas)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page