Go to the Main Business Forum page

Fastest way to double $500, $1000, $2500, $5000, $10000? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to double $500, $1000, $2500, $5000, $10000?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Dien Rice
August 9, 2002, 01:34 PM
Hi Paul,

That's an interesting question (as Boyd said)....

What I can think of is that you can double these amounts through chatteling. Chatteling is interesting because it's "scalable".... You can turn $5 into $10, or $5,000 into $10,000 (though it may take a few trades to do that)....

One businessman who has made his initial fortune mostly from chatteling is Kirk Kerkorian. He's best known for having bought and sold MGM several times (I think he owns it right now). I find him a fascinating entrepreneur, so I have studied his life to a small degree....

Kirk Kerkorian started as a teenager, buying cars, fixing them up, and reselling them. During WWII, he worked as a civilian airline pilot for the British air force, flying planes from Canada to the UK. After the war, he went back into chatteling, buying and selling planes!

Kirk Kerkorian always looks for the "hidden value" - finding the value which is there, and which others don't see....

I personally think that chatteling may be the fastest way to do it - but you have to be willing to spend your money (to buy stuff), and you have to study the market first, so you don't lose money instead!

Of course, what you buy and sell could differ for these different amounts.... In the $500 range you might be looking at furniture, while in the $5000 range you might be looking at cars.... It's helpful (though not compulsory) to have a van or trailer to move stuff with.

I recently got John McTighe's report, and along with Gordon Alexander's report, they are both excellent reports on chatteling. I highly recommend both of them. :)

(I don't make any profit from mentioning either of these reports, by the way - they are both genuinely good....)

- Dien Rice

The source of many great ideas.... :) (http://www.sowpub.com/cgi-bin/to.cgi?l=sfgreatideas)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page