Go to the Main Business Forum page

The "Power" of "words"! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The "Power" of "words"!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Don Alm
January 3, 2007, 01:17 AM
The following refers to my earlier post dealing with "Sales to Car Dealers";

The "Initial part" of ANY "Sales Attempt" (whether In-Person, Email, website, or delivered by hand)....you MUST...."GRAB" the "attention" of your "target".

You do this by using "WORDS"!

We ALL speak "English" here so...by using the RIGHT COMBINATION of "WORDS" you can either succeed or fail by using the right "words" to get whatever YOU desire....in ANY situation.

Case in point: This morning, I wanted to get in to see a Millionaire owner of a large Auto Dealership. These people have the "power" to say "Yay!" or "Nay!". They own the biz and are usually extremely BUSY. So, how could a "stranger";
1) get past the "rejectionists"
and
2) IN to see the BOSS
3) on the first day back from a Holiday
and
4)get the BOSS to agree to your program?

It's in the "POWER OF USING THE RIGHT KEY WORDS!"

Now...I've been doing this for many years so...I had the ability to call upon my years of "experience"....to come up with the "right words" to get me what "I" wanted.

In order for me to;
1) Get past the "2 rejectionists (the people entrusted to trying to GUARD the "Boss's TIME")
2) Get IN to see the Boss and CLOSE him on MY product

I had to use the PROPER WORDS;

The first group of words I used were;

"I CAN DOUBLE OR TRIPLE YOUR REFERRALS!"

Now....these people are NOT dummies. The above "promise" sound all well and good BUT...you had better have some CONCRETE "Words" to backup the initial promise.....so....I added;

"I CAN PUT YOUR DEALERSHIP NAME ON EVERY ONE OF YOUR CAR BUYER'S REFRIGERATORS....GUARANTEED!"

These "words" caught the "big boss" off guard. He had never before heard the combination sentence of "Big Benefit" and "How".....expressed in THESE terms....before.

So....my "words"...."caught him like a snare"!.....which caused his "CURIOSITY FACTOR" to go bonkers. He HAD TO FIND OUT WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT! Thus....my "words" had accomplished their designed result;
"An AUDIENCE with his "Highness"....RIGHT NOW! He COULD NOT STAND IT! He HAD TO KNOW....HOW "I" was going to get HIS Dealership Name onto the refrigerator of every one of his Car Buying Customers. IT was driving him nutso!

And....when I opened his door and jammed a sample Magnet into his hand...he INSTANTLY "GOT IT"! (Again....these people are NOT dummies)

And....his instant reaction was, "How much?"

When I told him (again, with the RIGHT WORDS) .....his response was to "go ahead".

So...remember MY words;

"Whatever YOU want....in life....can be attained with the proper use of the RIGHT WORDS!"

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page