Go to the Main Business Forum page

Yippee! Yahoo! Cowabunga Dudes & Dudettes! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yippee! Yahoo! Cowabunga Dudes & Dudettes!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Don Alm
January 8, 2007, 08:55 PM
Pre-emptive disclosure; Even though there are only a handful of viewers on THIS Forum who have ANY interest in "Direct Sales"....and the ONLY reason why I continue to post HERE....is for 2 reasons;

1) I've BEEN posting here since this Forum started...so I've sortof gotten "used to it"

2) I live in a small town and I truly enjoy SHARING my successes with other "humans"....who....even though they may NOT have an interest in MY stuff... it's a way for US "extroverts" to "UnLoad" after a success....and MAYBE someone, somewhere (just ONE person) who can "pick up on the EMOTION EXPOUNDED" and "be motivated by hearing about MY success".

Anyway....a few weeks ago I "sold" a Pizza Guy" on trying my "Motel Room" program for 90 days. I "Guaranteed" him an average of EIGHT Pizzas a Day from motels where he was, at the time, doing ZERO, NADA, ZILCH...because of 2 things;
1) He was the "new guy" in town
and
2) The other "BIG Name" pizza operations had been "entrenched" in these motels for the last couple of years.

When I installed me "TV Stands"....I asked him to "keep tract" of his "Delivery Orders" at the motels he was in.

So...this afternoon he called me on my cell and asked me to "Stop By".

I "stopped by about an hour ago" and...not knowing WHAT to expect...
I entered his store "with my chin UP" (I'm a POSITIVE guy!...expecting GOOD things at ALL TIMES) Well...I see my client in the kitchen...he motions me to come back into his tiny office. When I get there he holds up some sheets of paper for me to see. I have to reach for my glasses to see what's on the paper....before I get my glasses on he starts yelling at me;
"LOOK! At THIS!

Again....I'm a "positive guy"....but the way he yelled at me...started causing me some "concern". I finally adjust my glasses and when I saw what he's "yelling" at me about....is his EXCITEMENT.....NOT his "anger"!

There....on the pages of "Nightly Orders" are a LOT of orders from the motels I placed HIS Ads for HIS Pizzas.....to the tune of an "average" of 12 Pizzas a Night (from one motel) to....8 Pizzas a night from the other.....20 Pizzas a Night at an "average" ticket of $15. Meaning....my "little Ad Venture" which I "talked him into"....was now earning him an EXTRA GROSS OF $300 Samoleans a night!

$9,000 A Month, EXTRA... in the SLOOW, supposedly "dead" time of year.... and....from motels where he had previously gotten ZERO, NADA...ZILCH business from.

And...to show his "appreciation"
1) he "stuffed' some bux into my shirt pocket
and
2) told me he had contacted 2 of his buddies in similar pizza biznesses in other towns and "they were waiting for me to see them".

So...it's REALLY NICE when us "salesguys" find a project that REALLY WORKS, where our clients are REALLY HAPPY with what we "sold" them.

Makes it ALL...."worthwhile".

And....again....thanks for letting me "Share" one of my successes.

My "Midas Report"

So...it is NICE to

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page