Go to the Main Business Forum page

Easy Way to Get Biz Clients [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Easy Way to Get Biz Clients

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Millard Grubb
January 10, 2007, 01:03 PM
Here's a way that has worked for me countless times in the past few years for getting biz consulting clients.

One note of warning, YOU HAVE TO GO OUT AND MEET PEOPLE.

However, this is not what you'd expect as cold calling. Additionally, if you are making even a measly $500 or $1000 for a couple hours work it's valuable.

Do you like to go to fishing stores, restaurants, pop-and-mom groceries, antique stores, whatever? Find places that you like to go to...where you will have a personal interest in being at the store.... This is important.

Then when you start talking with the owner, you have an interest you can fall-back on. If you have to buy an item or two and come back. You want to start a relationship with the owner... a positive one.

So, you are chit-chatting with the owner and you drop a nugget or two about some things that might help his business,i.e. "I was talking to CiCi's pizza the other day and mentioned a great way to get some more business which included placing ads in the Settle Inn and they sold an extra 12 pizzas a night."

You basically give an idea or two to the business owner and WALK AWAY.

Next time you come in, you give another idea and WALK AWAY.

By the third time you go in, the owner either has used the idea or thought about it.

You chit-chat again and ask the owner, "How's business?" The owner will tell you and almost always ask for an idea or your thought on it.

At THIS TIME, you offer to analyze the business and help them get more customers for very little cost.

I generally get $2500 or more to analyize the business. If they want more or want me to do the work for them, it costs more.

Using this approach I get about 70 - 75 per cent success rate.

It's slower than all the direct mail, teleseminar, etc., ways to get clients, but I have less stress and make a very good income.

The key, for me, is I like people.

Hope this helps someone.

Millard

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page