Go to the Main Business Forum page

Is "Salting" The Key To Promoting Your Products? [Archive] - Page 3 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Is "Salting" The Key To Promoting Your Products?

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7

Saleem
January 19, 2007, 06:21 PM
The idea of salting is a good one.

And the idea of salting by adding some membership sign-ups first is really good, too.

Now the big companies have an advantage, they have a large advertising budget and name recognition.

How does someone using Internet Marketing do it?

The only think I can think of off-hand is to do a product launch, and salt through JV partners and through your own list.

If you are well known online, with a reputation for having turned out some good products in the past, then, like John Reese, it will build up "thirst" for what you might do next.

When I think of the Pipeline Project, it used the salted technique, by bringing out teaser videos, each one giving you more of a complete picture. Then when they launched, they added the scarcity principle of limited amounts being sold. I hear that they did really well with it.

I'm not sure salting would work if you are a complete unknown, but if you have a great track record, then people look forward to what you are bringing out into the marketplace.

Overall, from what I've seen, it's a good idea. It takes a little sophistication to roll out, but once you have a good reputation and some decent mindshare, it will probably go down really well.

Sincerely,

Saleem

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page