Go to the Main Business Forum page

Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged... [Archive] - Page 20 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

James Anthony
February 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
LOL, I guess you don't get it then.

Actually, Steve, I do get it, bit I'm not sure you do.

What I didn’t get was your claim of marketers “rebranding” themselves to web 2.0 - It's just not happening as far as I can see.

I haven’t been able to find an example of this and the one you emailed me with certainly didn’t fit.

What I do get is that I’m having a “Rich Internet Application” built at the moment that is all about web 2.0.

The big difference between this and the type of stuff you build is that this one is all about the user experience.

Users will be uploading audio and video and images as well as having the ability to record by phone and record by webcam and have their media instantly available to share on the site and do a lot of other things with.

This is where the web 2.0 concepts and technologies play a big part.

The example you gave me about this marketer having no knowledge of some simple concepts back in 2003 made no sense to me. That was 4 years ago!

I didn’t even hear the term “web 2.0” until a couple of months ago but that has been enough time to study and totally understand it.

I can’t understand where you think it’s not for real.

It has nothing to do with the way people market things which seems to be what you are focused on here.

It’s about building webapps that work and that users are wanting.

Jim

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page