Go to the Main Business Forum page

Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged... [Archive] - Page 29 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30

Glenn
February 12, 2009, 04:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for raising the topic of Sales.

Anybody interested in the Anatomy of a 2.0 Sale?

Here's a FRUSTRATING Sale:

STEP I - Entertaining and Wacky ideas in my Ezine - get prospects to call. Or email. Then I call Them.

Here's how it works.

A - Got a phone call from Hawaii yesterday. Bill had read an Ezine and wanted More ideas on how to keep his job. (Too soon to report results)

B - A customer in Dubai called to Applaud a BIG RED NOSE Ezine about Getting Appointments. And asked for ideas on how to reach the owner of a chain of Crystal Sculpture Stores. (Called an hr ago)

==================

C - 30 DAYS AGO - A Radio Talk show contact in Florida - ordered my "How to Make $ From Home Reading Books" Book off Ebay.

Then called me. He talked about wanting to lose 100 pounds.

#1 - And said, "NO." When I guaranteed he'd Lose Wgt eating the Special "HEALTHY CHOCOLATE" we use as a referral system.

He asked for a sample. I sent him a Tupperware container.

#2 - He said, "NO." I called him. He said, "Too Expensive." And had the nerve to refer me to a chocolate site where the cost was more than TWICE as high. 15 pieces for 30.00

#3 - "NO" After I sent him my 78 Page "Munny Making Chocolate" book.

#4 - "NO" - I called him with the #3 Chocolate Distr on the phone.

#5 - "NO" - I called to Thank him for an idea he gave me. Told him a funny chocolate sales story. He said, "No thanks."

#6 - I called him 2 more times to Report Pain Relief, Wgt Loss and Sugar Diabetes folks needing less Insulin after eating the chocolate. He said, "NO."

#7 - I called him with a Warped Munny angle one of my readers was using. And he told me he was scheduled for a Stomach Banding Operation. To lose Wgt. I asked him to Try Healthy Chocolate 1st. (You guessed it. "NO"

#8 - While on the phone with a marketing client - he told me 2 horrific Stomach banding and Stomach stapling stories AND that he himself at 5 ft 8 inches - used to weight 240. But had lost 52 pounds.

I asked permission to 3-way call them together.

"YES" - The horror stories did the trick and I sold 2 boxes to the guy. With a promise to eat "Healthy Chocolate" steadily up until the operation date 8 weeks hence.

WHEW.

Sales Stats show that 50% of all sales don't happen until after 14 contacts or more. I'd say that if you counted Emails - we were around 14 contacts.

Since 99% of the folks who order Chocolate from me ALSO begin to order some of the other products or services on my archives site...

I sometimes PACK Lots of Contacts into a short Space of time - combine, email, snail mail, Voice mail and Live contact - to get to the MAGIC # 14 Faster.

Thanks,
Glenn

P.S. - "Here's a link to where this sale STARTS - "How To Make $ From Home Reading Books" book...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=120376155734

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page