Go to the Main Business Forum page

Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged... [Archive] - Page 30 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0 marketing. Some food for thought. And your OPINIONS are highly encouraged...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30]

Dien Rice
February 12, 2009, 08:04 PM
Sales Stats show that 50% of all sales don't happen until after 14 contacts or more. I'd say that if you counted Emails - we were around 14 contacts.

Since 99% of the folks who order Chocolate from me ALSO begin to order some of the other products or services on my archives site...

I sometimes PACK Lots of Contacts into a short Space of time - combine, email, snail mail, Voice mail and Live contact - to get to the MAGIC # 14 Faster.
Thanks Glenn... Your post is a KEEPER! Great stuff!

Once upon a time I took on a part time job selling comedy tickets for a few months... I did it mostly for the sales experience. I wanted to get more experience at it.

Believe it or not, we were cold calling to the PHONE BOOK! I couldn't believe it... The "list" was not "selected" in any way, shape, or form...

I got pretty good at it. Every now and then they'd have a competition, and give a bonus to the person who made the most sales that day. I won the bonus multiple times, I'm happy to say.... (Even so, I still quit after a few months, since my plan was to get the sales experience, not to do the job forever.)

Anyway, some people take a long time to get to "Yes"...

The way I figure it, is that everyone needs certain boxes checked before they'll say yes.

- There has to be an emotional desire for the product...

- The price has to seem sensible for what they get...

- They have to feel confident that they won't be ripped off, that it's not a scam - that there's credibility in the product and in the sales person...

- If they like you, all the better! (I'd often "joke around" with customers and put them at ease, and get them laughing...)

Anyway, it was a good experience. However, yes, I did have a few prospects who would umm and ahhh... and keep me on the phone... and eventually buy (or not!). But they sure took a long time to make a decision... The way I figure it, they were going through the check boxes, making sure each box was checked before they'd buy...

Having multiple contacts, I feel, helps people get the opportunity to check all the boxes they feel need to be checked... And the more comfortable they will feel, as long as you treat people well...

Thanks for your post, Glenn! It was a great one! :)

Best wishes,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page