Go to the Main Business Forum page

Don Alm-esque money making idea [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Don Alm-esque money making idea

Pages : [1] 2

Joe
March 14, 2007, 11:31 PM
Hello all,
Justy wanted to share a quick idea that I had. It's along the lines of something Don Alm might think up (and he probably already has at some point). Anyway, thought I'd share it with you all. Enjoy!

"Jury Duty Appreciation Booklets":
Offer to place free binders with coupons, menus, and phone numbers for take out food places that deliver to the courts where the jury members are serving. I would imagine that local restaurants would be more than happy to pay to advertise to this captive audience. Most jurors are not familiar with the local eateries that are in the towns where they're serving jury duty. The biggest challenge to this concept, I would imagine, would be navigating your way through the "red tape" of the court system's administration to get permission to place your booklets there. Things can get a little dicey when it comes to government agencies and anything that remotely smells like a solicitaion. Other than that, I would imagine there's great potential in this concept. If I hadn't recently sold out to corporate america to become a full time employee, I'm sure I'd give this one a try. I hope the concept turns into a profitable endeavor for anyone interested.

Sincerely,
Joe

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page