Go to the Main Business Forum page

Test of a new feature - 'Digg' button... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Test of a new feature - 'Digg' button...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Dien Rice
June 26, 2007, 11:01 PM
As Ankesh mentioned a little earlier, I just added a "Digg" button to all the posts...

I've tried to make it unobtrusive - essentially, it's the little blue square button you see after the title of a post (you'll see it above, on this post!)...

What this button does is you can use it to submit a post to Digg www.digg.com, or if it has already been submitted, you can "vote" for a post there... (You need to have an account at "Digg" to submit or vote on a post - getting an account there is free...)

The benefit of this is...

If you like someone's post (or even if you like your own post), you can submit it to Digg - where more people will see it and read it!
If you vote on a post which has already been submitted to Digg, it's even more likely people will see it and read it!

I've tried to set it up so that, when you submit a post to Digg, the address of the post and the title will be entered automatically (but you can also alter the title too if you want to). It also automatically chooses the "Business & Finance" topic, but you can change that too if you feel there's something more appropriate for that particular post... You have to write your own "description" of the post though...

Anyway, this is all part of "testing" new things... We'll try it for a while and see how it goes! If a lot of people don't like it, then we'll get rid of it, but if most people seem happy with it, we'll keep it... In all these things, for me, the final word belongs to all the forum participants - since without you, there would be no forum! :)

Feel free to let me know what you think (either by posting or by email)...

Cheers :)

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page