Go to the Main Business Forum page

Here's What I Learned At Lunch Today [Archive] - Page 2 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Here's What I Learned At Lunch Today

Pages : 1 [2]

Dien Rice
August 18, 2007, 06:17 AM
I believe the small slips of paper was the deciding factor.

The slip of paper was a coupon...just 50 cents off. But it was more than the Thai place next door had offered. That slip of paper was the deal maker for the Japanese kitchen.

Your Own Japanese Kitchen Strategy

You can do the same thing.

If you have a report you're selling...take a page or two from it, spin it off into its own little sample report. Or if you have a number of reports, give them one of the full reports as a sample.

If your shopping cart software features the ability to offer discount codes or coupons, then make a full page coupon ad on the last page of your sample report.
Hi Michael,

Wow, great idea! I haven't seen this idea implemented with reports... But it's a good idea... Why not?

By the way, I think a good way to get good ideas for your business is to observe what other businesses - in totally different fields - are doing (just like Michael wrote about)...

For example, Henry Ford had big success by using an assembly line to build cars. A few decades later, the McDonald brothers adapted the assembly line idea to build hamburgers (at the first McDonald's!).

Some other ideas (on implementing Michael's idea)... I think the payment processor 2Checkout www.2checkout.com supports discount coupon "codes"...

Another idea is to create a new "time limited" discount purchase link. For a limited time, that special link allows people to buy with a discount. After the date has expired, the link just forwards to the regular purchase link...

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page