Go to the Main Business Forum page

Question: How to earn $7,500 / month (Full details inside) [Archive] - Page 12 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Question: How to earn $7,500 / month (Full details inside)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Duane Adolph
August 19, 2007, 09:57 PM
Hi Again Jason,

I actually gave a talk the other day at my Toastmasters meeting on this very subject on the Dangers of Television.

I actually went over the TOP in how Dangerous it really is. Some of the members got really scared at the level of detail I had went into. LITERALLY.

That said,

I too currently have a weakness for Television and can feel and see the negative consequences.

I recently disconnected (Last Night) the one in my room.

It is STILL PHYSICALLY there however just not plugged in.
I know that It will be GONE (sold, or garbage) this week.

In order to kick the habit, I was "trying" to use will power and discipline. THAT was obviously not working for me.

But I heard this quote from somebody recently which said that

"ENVIRONMENT TRUMPS DISCIPLINE"

I have been repeating it, to myself and others because it is both simple and yet "profound".

The applications are numerous.

So, as per your post and Steve's, I see that you changed YOUR environment by throwing out the Television instead of using will power.

You are now receiving benefits of Making things Happen as well.

CONGRATS to you all on your T.V Victory!

I will be with you shortly because

ENVIRONMENT TRUMPS DISCIPLINE" :->

Duane Adolph

Aloha Dien,

Thanks, I am glad you liked it. I also like what you said about making things happen. That is so fundamentally important.

I learned years ago that my biggest weakness is TV. I did not have the willpower to turn the damn thing off.

My solution?

I gave away my TV. It was drastic but it worked. I found all sorts of "extra" time for working out, martial arts, my business and family functions.

MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.

I think we all need to card in our wallets with that written on it.

Aloha,

Jason

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page