Go to the Main Business Forum page

XP Font Display Question [Archive] - Page 7 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : XP Font Display Question

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11

Steve MacLellan
August 22, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hi Michael,

Let me ask you, when you go to my page, do you see the same Overlapping as I showed with my graphic?

No -- but I am using Firefox with Windows '98. I bought a new computer last year and before I brought it home I had them remove Windows XP and all of the associated drivers and installed Windows '98. I just need a work-horse to do graphics and programming and don't need all of the latest toys. But, there are some slight variations in how IE 6 displays web elements on '98 compared to XP. I've noted this while using someone else's computer.

Hence, the idea that if both measurements for font-size and line-height use pt or px, it may help compensate for some minor differences.

I don't understand how it could be a Monitor Issue as the monitor displays what the software tells it to, doesn't it? How could the monitor decide to show some things large and others small

I've installed what are supposed to be plug 'n play monitors, like the LED 19" wide and found it didn't complain about the drivers, but made some text small and other text larger -- and it seemed more noticeable using a web browser. When I called the company to complain they said my system should have been automatically configured to use the right drivers, but it didn't happen, and the drivers they told me to download from their website didn't support Windows '98. I had to take the monitor back, and get a different one.

...it happened after installing the software (Pagemaker, Adobe Reader and Distiller).

This has me a little curious, though. I wonder if the version of the softwares you installed were for XP?

Maybe time for a trip to a shop. I did have to make one trip back to the shop with mine. They had missed removing some XP drivers and it was conflicting with some of my '98 drivers.

Sorry I can't offer any more help.

Best Regards,
Steve MacLellan

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page