Go to the Main Business Forum page

Deal Making Skills... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deal Making Skills...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Dien Rice
November 11, 2007, 11:15 PM
Recently, I've been thinking about "deal making skills"... And how important they can be...

I've actually done some very simple "deals" - but I don't really consider myself to be a very skilled "deal maker". It's something I'd like to become better at, though...

This website (Sowpub) actually started as a "joint venture"-type deal between Gordon and myself... I've also made business purchases as part of a "deal"...

Anyone who's read (and put into practice) Gordon's "The Chattel Report" or "The Beginner's Guide to Chatteling" knows there's some "deal-making" involved there too...

Recently, someone I know did a deal where he sold a domain name he owned for over $800. (That was just a domain name only - not a website.)

By the way, I don't really see deal-making as "how to screw others", but rather how to achieve a "win-win" result. And also how not to make sure you're not "screwed" yourself... (Since even if you try to make sure you don't "screw" others, there are a few out there who don't have the same scruples, so it's good to be a little careful...)

Does anyone have any experiences, or anything you've read, which could be useful regarding "deal-making" skills?

Thanks,

Dien

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page