Go to the Main Business Forum page

Selling Services [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Selling Services

Pages : [1] 2

CopyCub
December 1, 2007, 10:30 PM
In a previous life, I use to consult in the area of business processes. I'm getting the itch to do a little consulting again in this area. I still have the skills, documents and the testimonials from my previous clients. I've tested a campaign and been able to generate some leads.

I've narrowed down my niche to a specifc manufacturing sector. From my past experience, I know that many businesses are lacking processes and would benefit from what I have to offer.

My goal is to qualify my prospests to make certain that they need my services. Most will, but a few will have their act together. I don't want to try to sell something to someone who doesn't need it.

Once I get a lead my next step is to follow-up.

My question is this, in the follow-up, should I tell them I have a strategy for them, set-up a time and call to discuss further telling them I need 30 minutes, then during this call pitch the strategy without really knowing if they need my services. They might be one of the companies that have their act together.

OR...

In the follow-up, should I tell them I have a strategy for them, set-up a time and call to discuss further telling them I need 30 minutes, then during this 30 minutes, I spend the first 15 minutes running them through qualifying questions. Then if I can't help them, I say good-bye. If I can help them, the pitch the strategy.

OR...

In the follow-up, should I tell them I have a strategy for them, set-up a time and call to discuss further telling them I need 30 minutes, then ask if I can fax them over a questionaire (qualifying questions) that must be faxed back to me before we talk on the phone for our 30 minute call. Then if I can't help them, I can cancel the call. This fax would also require them to take some action which would confirm they are interested.

Any advice you can offer is appreciated!

Thanks!
Matt

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page