Go to the Main Business Forum page

The "Fatigue-Fighting" Powers of... Garlic! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The "Fatigue-Fighting" Powers of... Garlic!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Unregistered
December 16, 2007, 09:45 PM
[Posted by Dien Rice:]

Like most people, I sometimes suffer from fatigue... I get tired! Even though I want to keep going, doing whatever it is I'm doing!

Anyway, I just read this article - which mentions research that shows the power of garlic to fight fatigue!

Here are the relevant paragraphs...

Human studies show that garlic produces improvement in people who are physically fatigued. [Molecular Nutrition Food Research 2007 Nov; 51(11):1329–34] An animal study in Japan shows that aged garlic extract minimizes the impairments associated with physical fatigue by promoting oxygen supply via dilation of blood vessels, reduction of oxidation and control of sugar metabolism. [Biol Pharm Bulletin 2006 May; 29(5):962–6]

The Roman army (~100 BC) planted garlic in every land they conquered and marched into battle chewing cloves. It has popularly been thought that garlic was employed by the Roman soldiers because it inhibited waterborne parasitic infections that plague marching armies, or served as an antibiotic for battle wounds. But now we realize a different benefit may have been realized – greater endurance to fight an enemy in battle.
There's also the suggestion that garlic might help extend your lifespan too...

You can read the article here...

http://www.lewrockwell.com/sardi/sardi78.html

Okay - I'm out to get me some garlic! :)

(And as an added bonus, I hear it gets rid of vampires too!) ;)

Cheers,

Dien

P.S. I also just found another link, which suggests garlic may help with diabetes, and strengthening your immune system...
http://www.angelfire.com/me/debear/diabetes.html
Hmm... interesting stuff... Just thought I'd share... :)

[This post was restored from an archived backup - DR]

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page