Go to the Main Business Forum page

Email bounce issue [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Email bounce issue

Unregistered
December 17, 2007, 03:00 AM
[Posted by yerg:]

I have an email list of around 15-20,000 which goes up and down given that people come and go.

I'm fine with that it's just that I have around 1500 - 2000 a mailing that get bounced as being no longer valid. This is a list of Gen Y's who can't seem to stick with anything.

I'm looking for a way to extract the email addresses from this list that are filtered into a specific address/folder in my email program (Thunderbird).

My newsletter software, server based, currently doesn't directly handle bounces bit is going to shortly. (no I'm not about to change that software)

I have searched high and low for a way to extract the dead emails only, from the responses (not the server bounce email address) , I can't find a way of doing this sensibly.

I can access the raw info in a text editor ... and had to remove around 1500 server based and my mail server email addresses to get the 500 I needed, from a 1.7 mb file

There is software, for outlook/outlook express that claims it does this but all I get is the mail server email address that the bounce came from which is useless.

May be there is a way of routing the bounces to another system to handle this?

Anyone know of a way to do this or to solve the short term issue I have?

Thanks
Andrew

[This post was restored from an archived backup - DR]

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page