Go to the Main Business Forum page

Marketing Help Requested [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Help Requested

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

debbie
April 24, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hi Everyone,

I've browsed this forum for a long time (even bought one of Gordon's reports 5years ago). I'm hoping on some ideas for this. I wrote a 24 page booklet on stress reduction and am interested in selling them in bulk. I have had some bulk orders- ie one was to a financial planner in my yoga class, a couple to assisted living facilities and one to another local business. Two of the businesses gave it out to employees and two gave it out as a thank you to customers/clients.

I'm looking to reach companies that will use it as a promotional tool for their marketing (as Paulette E has done) but am not sure of the best way to narrow down all the manufacturers, corporations etc. For instance, I think it could work well for Avon, Herbalife etc as a marketing tool for their distributors but I am not sure if the top marketing execs I get contact info for in Research USA would really read the letter and booklet. I have been sending out letters/booklets this way however for a few weeks. Not sure if people read them or if the contacts in Hoovers, Research USA etc would be best approached this way.

I could also see locally finding hospitals or professionals that would let me give it away for free and then find a sponsor in the area. But I wasn't sure how I'd "prove" to the sponsor that the booklets were delivered . (I could of course get a receipt from the administrators or tell them they are free to do the distribution). A fundraiser can be another idea.

I just had more printed though in future I could have a page with a few ads within booklet to cover costs, make a little profit and then distribute for free in community. Again, I wasn't sure how to demonstrate the number that would be distributed and proof of delivery (or if that is even an issue).

I am not really someone who enjoys sales, so am looking to do this via mail or e-mail. I know there's a big market also for human resources depts due to the high degree of chronic work stress so have been targetting them as well by letters. I haven't approached catalog companies but do have that book called Selling to Catalog Houses which was written before the internet I think! He saved some money by sending an information sheet instead of the booklet itself to a lot of places . Thank you for any ideas . I can also try setting up a referral program or affiliate program for groups of 100 booklets at a time for people that may be experienced with sales.

Debbie

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page