Go to the Main Business Forum page

Damage Control and Dog and Pony show impacts economy...today anyhow... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Damage Control and Dog and Pony show impacts economy...today anyhow...

Pages : [1] 2

GordonJ
July 15, 2008, 11:51 AM
President Bush.
Chairman Bernacke
Secretary Paulson.

All in one MORNING. Yahhh...

The President said (in my translations)..."When the American people can't afford to drive, they're smart enough not too." Really did.

Chairman B. "I'm not saying Gordon of Mr. Doom and Gloom fame is right, but I'm paying attention to what he is saying."

That man could make a raucous rendition of the "Happy Birtday" song sound like a dirge.

Sec. Paulson: "We can print as much money as it takes, but it is NOT a bailout."

OK. What a morning. DOW down 200 at start of Pres. Bush's speech, gets so impressed with it, it is only down 18 by speech's end...currently down only 44...but don't blink.

OIL is tanking today. Or this morning...

Let's see what the afternoon brings.

I call this the dog and pony show, the damage control day of what is going to be (and is turning out to be) a week of great revelation to the American people... in so many words: "You're screwed!" (but, we, the politicians, pundits and speculators are doing dandy, thank you very much).

NOW I encourage you take Prez Bush's advice...if you can't afford to drive, then don't.

Simple as that. Problem solved.

OK, back to my gloomy room for some more doomy news...I actually went out and bought balogna for lunch...not a name brand kids can spell, the cheap stuff from the deli...just so I can celebrate the day.

Gordon J. Alexander

PS. The SOLUTION today is to buy Traffic Secrets 2.0...sorry, I'm not going to make a single penny off of it today, but it will be a great day for John Reese's bank account...hope he's not with WaMu.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page