Go to the Main Business Forum page

Another question about software. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Another question about software.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

Scott S.
January 9, 2009, 08:21 PM
First let me thank all those that took the time to respond to my last post. All the feedback was very helpful. My next question about software deals with a software program that is already written. I have searched trying to find the author of the program but have come up empty. There is nothing in the program itself that I can see that says anything about the author or anything about a copyright or any notice that it is open source. The only information I can find online is to purchase the software with MRR but no luck on any PLR. I believe it may be open source software but I have no way to verify that. Knowing that I can't really do any updates or changes to the software , and tell me if I am wrong, would it be legal to buy the MRR's and then add an update as a bonus? I haven't really priced the cost of the update software but I don't think it would be that high. Any other suggestions? I will price the programing of a completely new piece of software first but I think that may be high priced.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page