Go to the Main Business Forum page

More "BS marketing" I'm sure consumers can SEE THROUGH this (in more ways than one!) [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : More "BS marketing" I'm sure consumers can SEE THROUGH this (in more ways than one!)

Pages : [1] 2 3

-TW
May 19, 2009, 12:54 AM
Previous forays into BS Marketing include...

When Dannon (suddenly) went from 8 oz./cup to 6 oz./cup -- while keeping the price the same!

Bryers (suddenly) put their ice cream in a container that LOOKED just like the normal 1/2 gallon tub -- but was actually a SMALLER (new, non-standard) amount -- and charged the same price.

NOW...

A nat'l plastic bag co (zip lok, glad? I can't remember -- I just saw the commercial) is pushing their new "ECO-BAGS" which use 25% LESS PLASTIC (READ: THEY ARE THINNNNER BAGS!!!) -- supposedly to save the environment (!!!)

That's BS marketing enough, to be sure...

But then the TOPPER of them all!...

----- Here's the part that pushes the *BS-O-METER* to the limit! --- the ads proclaims the 25% LESS plastic, then says (with a STRAIGHT FACE!!!) -- "at no extra charge."

LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!

You HAVE to be kidding me!

Cheers!

-- TW

PS: That's yet another meeting I really wish I could've been at! "Ok, George -- Thank you for that presentation... Now... All those in favor of this latest clever way of shafting our customers..."

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page