Go to the Main Business Forum page

Has anyone ever tried a headline like this?... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever tried a headline like this?...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

-TW
May 22, 2009, 12:50 AM
"Are you open to new ideas about [whatever]?"

Let me know.

I seem to be a cosmic magnet for people who are NOT open to new ideas about [whatever].

Within 6-seconds of meeting me, everyone instantly quips, "I'm all set -- thanks anyway, bub." -- as they point me towards the nearest exit.

Maybe it's my toothpaste.

Anyhow, Id be curious to know if anyone has used a headline like "Are you open [etc.]...?"

I'm trying to find ways to filter out the cigar-chomping "I'm all set"s out there, so I get a chance to work with people who ARE open to new ideas, and thus, perhaps, allow me to exercise and strengthen the last shred of self-dignity I have remaining (it's around here somewhere).

(signed)

Willie Lowman,
Glen Gary Glen Ross Industries

PS: For me, every "no" leads me that much closer to a "HELL NO!" Selling is a numbers game -- my number seems to be 11 -- as in chapter 11.

Conversely, to hear our friend D.A. tell it, many small biz's ARE VERY open to new ideas -- and perfectly willing to pretty-much-instantly produce their checkbooks with a gleeful flourish, as they immediately see the benefit of boy-genius' off-the-wall promotional ideas... and start writing out checks accordingly!!!

Maybe it's my haircut.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page