Go to the Main Business Forum page

The brain bone not connected to the phone bone... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : The brain bone not connected to the phone bone...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

-TW
June 2, 2009, 05:10 PM
Brain bone possibly not connected with anything...

Sorry to be negative again. I'm posting this in the heat of the moment. I just got off the phone with a "prospect." I use that word very loosely (as it turns out).

Overall problem -- it makes no difference whether an idea is GREAT, or a PIECE OF CRAP -- the reaction to it, is THE SAME.

Without getting into the GORY details, let's just say I was speaking to someone who COULD make a bunch of ADDITIONAL money "from nowhere" WITHOUT *ANY* additional effort on their part. It is a NO BRAINER to at least TRY. No risk or ANY spending of one cent. No addt'l effort -- yet $$$ yield could be very good.

Prospect runs 50 (yes, 50) trucks (again, I won't get into the details) -- but it's a TOTAL mom+pop operation.

I call and keep getting the machine. I don't leave a msg. Then, just now someone answers. A woman. I ask, "Is Brian there?" No, I'm his wife, she says. Then she asks, "Who are you?" I say, I have something I wanted to run by Brian, as a way you could make additional money, WITHOUT any additional effort (I'm not really sure how I put it, exactly).

Then she says, "Tell me." I begin to explain (but I get the impression she's a workhorse type of person -- and not too bright). Part of what I explain involves the WORD website -- but NOTHING TO DO WITH *THEIR* WEBSITE -- she immediately jumps in with "We already have a website." Signifying that she has not listened to (or understood) a word I've said.

Then she says, "I'll discuss it with my husband, and get back to you if we're interested."

In short, I'm sure they'll never call back. There's NO WAY she can explain "it" to her husband -- she has no idea what "it" is!

Apparently the ability to FIELD incoming ideas is somehow proportional to the number of teeth one has. In this case, that ability is ZERO.

I got kinda rude at the end (as I saw THEM loosing out on the possible income for ***THEM*** -- yes, I am GENUINELY more interested in the income THEY will get from this!!!).

I just see this happening over + over again.

Again, if their ears are TOTALLY SHUT TIGHT, it makes no difference if an incoming idea is GREAT or a piece of crap.

It's a real SHAME!!!

-- TW

PS: I guess what I'm saying here is, it makes no difference if I'm calling to GET money (selling something), or if I'm calling to GIVE THEM MONEY (!!!), at least in this case, they are UNABLE to field an incoming idea -- even if it would mean money flowing *TO* them!

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page