Go to the Main Business Forum page

This "ONE Word" will help you in EVERTYHING you do! [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : This "ONE Word" will help you in EVERTYHING you do!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Adman
June 26, 2009, 05:32 PM
I won't keep you in suspense;

The ONE Word you MUST keep in the back of your mind in EVERYTHING you do...your daily life....your Family Life....your Emotional Life....Your Social Life....your Business life...EVERYTHING about YOUR life

That word is called...."PAIN"!

You get a sore throat....or something on your body starts hurting, you call a doctor to "relive the pain".

A tooth starts hurting...you make an appointment with a dentist to...RELIEVE the "pain".

And....there's other kinds of "Pain"....not actually, "Physical PAIN"....I call it "Emotional PAIN".

Ya wanna find a "Girl Friend" or a "Wife"....to accompany you thru your life... instead of being alone....think of "your" emotional "pain" of being without a female companion. (This is why "Dating sites" are popular)

or....You've just lost HALF of your 401k...money you've been saving for years... THAT....is SERIOUS, "emotional Pain"! So...youare "motivated" to look for ways to "get it back"...or keep from losing more of it!

or...You've invested ALL your savings into an "Antique or Gift or Book" Shop and few people enter your shop!...or.....those that do come in, look around and walk out WITHOUT buying anything! You think ALL your "decisions" on starting the biz...have been for nought!

I know how that "feels"...and it doesn't "feel" good. THAT is "True Emotional PAIN"!

So....here we were...took ALL the money we could save for 2 years...bought Antiques and stuff for our Shop we dreamt of opening...."some day".

Then, the day came where we made a decision to "Go-For-IT"! Went and talked to the manager of a retail space...signed a binding Agreement to pay X$ per month for 12 or more months....moved the stuff we loved from storage into our space... hung up a sign in front ("ANTIQUES")...paid a guy to paint our front windows with the name of our shop ("Yankee Connection Antiques")....went to the local newspaper and paid for a Display ad and....sat and waited for people to enter our door....and sat....and sat...and sat!

THAT....is "Emotional" pain!....bordering on abject FEAR!

So....I "pulled an idea off one of my Memory Hooks" and ran an ad that started getting people to enter our shop.

However....when they entered, we asked if we could help them find something and their standard answer was, "No! Just Browsing!"

THAT....is REAL "Emotional Pain"!

So...I asked myself, "Self! What if there was a way to get the folks who enter our shop to...instead of just "browse"....what if they had a Reason to LOOK SERIOUSLY at our stuff?

1) Seriously LOOK at our stuff
and
2) BUY something?

That's when I came up with "Browser Bucks". And...just this ONE idea, not only allowed us to "Survive" but...."THRIVE"!

Thus....right now....June of 2009....I am betting there are thousands of retail shop owners experiencing "Major Emotional Pain"....wondering if they will have to close their doors this year.

So....I'm going to see if I can put together a "Package" to help these shop owners to also...."Thrive"!

Anyway...have a great weekend.

Don Alm

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page