Go to the Main Business Forum page

Ignore Everybody [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ignore Everybody

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Sandi Bowman
September 20, 2009, 04:06 AM
Hi, Pappy! Enjoy your posts, too, but I'm looking at things from a different perspective than you are.

My approach is, when I discover something new and it interests me, I read anything and everything I can get my hands on about it. As a very fast speed reader, I DO cover the waterfront as they say. For me to rehash old stuff is to learn nothing, stagnate, and accomplish nothing. If it's fresh, a different perspective, relative, and current, well I'll take a gander at it. I have a good sized library of books that I do re-read portions of as I study various things and sometimes just for the pleasure and joy of well put together logic and words.

As for the rabble rousers, most of them are one of two things: folks who like to hear their own voice, even if it's nonsensical, or those with an agenda. I ignore the first and listen just long enough to see the basis/arguments of the second...usually first or second paragraph. Rabble rousers are quite transparent once you've been there, done that, got the tee shirt.

Tell you a story about the fallen angel. When I lived in southern California years ago, there was this person who shared some of my college classes, oddly enough. He does actually look like the Devil...in spades! Very soft spoken, seemingly kindly, BUT always there whenever something bad was about to happen to someone good (and not present in a good way...like waiting around to collect the debris). I was the intended victim sometimes...but I was fortunate enough to be surrounded by goodness in others and some very determined protectors from above. For years my guardian angels worked overtime (and kept me on my toes) as this 'man' drifted in and out of my life and the lives of others around me.

I wrote an article entitled "Whose Angel Are You?" years ago. It's based on some of my experiences and is basically an article encouraging others to act to help and protect others as appropriate or needed (not always the same).

Keep up the good work, Pappy.

Sandi Bowman

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page