Go to the Main Business Forum page

My new Twitter based website [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : My new Twitter based website

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Ankesh
October 13, 2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks Glenn.

Many people (mistakenly) think that Twitter is where you post updates about "what you are doing."

Its not. Its a place where you post updates about "what you're doing that will help others."

You don't have to update it minute by minute. Just once a day is ok too. And if you have a Miley Cyrus moment - just don't use Twitter for a few days. But why delete the a/c is beyond me. Thats like cutting your celphone service because someone cold called you...

I know people who hate cellphones. I know people who hate facebook. I know people who've never written an offline letter in 10 years.

All of these are communication tools. Twitter is nothing but a communication tool.

But to see the real benefit of using Twitter - you need to follow at least 50-60 people. Not 50-60 celebrities. But friends. Or people you look up to. People whose blogs and articles you like to read.

Because Twitter is only 140 characters, you can follow a lot of people without going crazy with overwhelm. Its the best tool for super fast spreading of messages.

Once you have over 50-60 folks following you back - ask a question when you have a problem. And see how quickly you get a solution back. Twitter is better than forums at problem solving many a times because it is so quick.

Anyways - I can go on and on about Twitter, but you won't see the advantages of it unless you follow at least 50-60 people. And give it a spin.

My Twitter a/c for those who are interested:
http://www.twitter.com/ankeshk

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page