Go to the Main Business Forum page

What motivates ME [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What motivates ME

Adman
April 13, 2010, 05:03 PM
I've been "My Own Boss" for over 30 yrs.

I've started MANY, MANY business projects, mostly in the "Advertising" field. Probably due to my wife having a Retail Antique Shoppe....which caused me to create or design Advertising projects I thought would help her Shoppe.

Most of these projects involved getting other business people to participate (Which meant the Space for my wife's Shoppe was free)

I've been on many discussion Forums over the last few years. Adding my thoughts to questions posted and many times starting Threads. Because of my Vast Experiences with programs I started, felt I could ADD something to the discussions.

About 3 years ago, I shut down my main info sites and was considering shutting down my activities and doing some traveling (The Main info site being my "www.MidasReports.com")

However....this year (2010) I saw so many friends, neighbors, relatives... having a rough time...financially (Same with news reports on so many people losing their JOBs and Retirement Savings) I decided to put my "Info Sites" back UP... with the thought I could HELP some of these folks by giving them some "Hope"...that by my relating MY "entrepreneurial" experiences....they could see that, "Yes! There ARE other ways of earning money, other than "working for someone else" and "being at their mercy"!

Well...since I've been "Back OnLine" and continue to post my comments on Forums, I've gotten MANY "Sincere Thank You's" and....one especially got me today....and I'd like to share it with you;
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++
Hi Don,

I wanted to introduce myself to you personally since I enjoy reading your posts so much.

Hi, my name is Phil, 37 and I live in New York. I got laid off from work almost a year ago. I am almost out of savings/401k and I am trying to keep my spirits up and land my first client. My son's 7th birthday is 2 weeks from now and things are always tense/stressful in my house (we used to make good money).

Whenever I start to lose hope, one of your posts pops up to give me inspiration. Thank you for the wonderful info you have shared and continue to share on this forum!

Sincerely,
Phil _____

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++

WOW! That was especially STIRRING....for ME. Notes like this "hit me like a ton of bricks"! I suddenly realize that the "Time" I spend on these Forums is VERY WELL WORTH EVERY MINUTE because....If I can "Inspire" or "Give HOPE" to just ONE other person....I've "done my Job"!....and I can help make this country a Better Place.

Wow! What a Country we live in!...where individuals STILL have the "Freedom" to find other ways of earning a living, when or if, their primary income source is removed.

Thanks for reading,

Don Alm....Entroopeneer and STILL Entroopeneering

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page