Go to the Main Business Forum page

OMG, guess who I ran into today at the Supermarket...it was none other than... [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OMG, guess who I ran into today at the Supermarket...it was none other than...

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

GordonJ
May 12, 2010, 09:19 AM
Time will tell...

Phil

Phil,

Thnx as always for your digging and finding useful info. Much appreciated.

In Jan. of 08 the writing was on the wall. And as pessimistic as I was, I didn't come close to what happened later that year.

I know most of us here at SowPub took advantage and we've made out like gangbusters the last 3 years. However, I do know scores of people who have lost anywhere from 15% to 40% of their life savings or IRA or whatever retirement account they had and it was a devastating blow for them.

Several here argued there was no such thing as a recession, and well, as you say; "time will tell".

Time marches on. Time and tide wait for no man.

Hopefully most of us never had to deal with the unemployment issue and the caboose is finally catching up to the engine which stopped a couple of years ago.

Thanks for pointing us to the articles which have some good food for thought, and we can now in retrospect, see how we did since Jan. 08 and now we can adjust our businesses for Jan. 13, if they need be adjusted.

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page