Go to the Main Business Forum page

OMG, guess who I ran into today at the Supermarket...it was none other than... [Archive] - Page 6 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OMG, guess who I ran into today at the Supermarket...it was none other than...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Ankesh
May 12, 2010, 10:14 AM
People in the computer R&D field were all worried that Moore's law is coming to an end. We won't be able to increase computer's processing power and decrease its prices further.

And then comes: Memristors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZAHG3COYYA
Prices of computers etc will keep on falling drastically for a few more decades now. And Moore's law gets a new life.

My point is: when people face constraints, thats the time when they innovate the most.

When pain from lack of oil approaches a dead point, we will find an alternative solution that works cheaper than oil. You can count on it.

----

The biggest barrier to India's progress is not Pakistan or terrorism and warfare. It is corruption.

India is very curropt. And I don't see that changing any time soon. Which means the poorest folks have a very tough time to improve their situation. But if you're well to do already, you'll keep on improving your standard of living. And the richer you are, the faster your standard of living will keep on improving. Creating a huge imbalance.

(Thats why India is a country that has more billionaires than UK and Germany. But it also has the world's biggest slum. The problem with India has always been: even though we have more oil than we require - how do we distribute it to the lowest rungs of the society?)

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page