Go to the Main Business Forum page

What will the price of gas be in July? [Archive] - Page 8 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What will the price of gas be in July?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Fishman
May 18, 2010, 11:54 PM
Gordon,

Well, as of today gas has gone down from the last time I posted. Just thought I'd put that in.

As far as when fuel hit 4 bux a gal. Honestly it didn't make a dent in business. Some days we actually did BETTER because everyone was scrambling around trying to find the best deal on gas, so we ended up with new customers.

What hurt us was our wholesale customers who were affected by the economy. When they started to have trouble (and some hadn't had ANY trouble AT ALL for the past 25yrs) we started to have trouble.

Then as now, people have no real choice but to continue to buy it so they can get around. I did notice the frequency changed with certain customers. You could tell people were watching more closely how much they used.

Some would get mad at us when all the sudden prices went up from one day ( sometimes within that day) to the next. They would accuse us of price gouging. We even were turned in to the police. They checked our records and saw that it wasn't true. One of those who just didn't understand how things really worked.

What kills me is they don't understand, but want to, and when you try to explain, they won't believe a word your saying.

The news media didn't help either with reports of gougers. The news media also didn't understand how the fuel business worked just by the way they reported about it all.

So, I've always thought a good "hotsheet" on how it all works might help clear things up better.

Wanna collaborate on something like that Gordon?

Fred

Oh yeah, glad to hear your eye site is back to good.

Fred,

YOU should write a report, The Inside Secrets at the Gas Pump expose' type thing.

OR you can go to the gulf, get a little boat and go out a scooping it up. Isn't it FREE for the takin?

So all WE consumers and little people have to do is to come up with a way to use glob u lated dispersion laden crude and let the people clean up the mess. They get to keep all the profits, of course.

Here's one. Scoop up a boat load of oil, take it home. Now go get all your those rags from the shed, soak em...wrap around the ol Louisville Slugger and VIOLA; you have TORCHES, which might come in handy when we have to storm the OIL castles where the executives live...and, obviously, torches make for better lynchins too (at least in the movies).

Angry mobs, which could be another effect of the spill, would be a good target market. If life gives you oil, make some money. It works for BP, et al.

Fred, when gas hit 4 bux a gallon, what was the overall effect, if any on the mom and pop run gas station?

Gordon Alexander

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page