Go to the Main Business Forum page

What do you think about premonition? [Archive] - Page 4 - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about premonition?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Dave Hughes
July 5, 2010, 11:39 PM
I've had more than my share of premonitory experiences, including one memorable one when I was a wee lad of 19.

I was driving down a road in my hometown, a road I had driven down a million times before. I was in the car alone, had no traffic light in front of me, no stop sign or any other reason to stop driving down the road (admittedly at a bit more than the posted speed limit and with my stereo blaring 300 watts of Boston...I was a 19 year old boy with a Mustang, what would you expect? :rolleyes: )

Just as I was approaching an intersection (where I had right-of-way, but the side-road had a stop sign), I heard, as clear as day, a voice yell "STOP NOW!" It was clear, loud, sudden and unexpected enough that, by reflex, I locked my brakes...

...just as a truck ran the stop sign on the side road (I found out later that its brakes had gone out) and smashed into the building across the street, passing right through the spot where I would have been had I not slammed on brakes.

Short answer: yes, I wholeheartedly believe in premonitions...since I'm alive to sit here and type this, i have to.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page