Go to the Main Business Forum page

Even a savvy old dog like me can be FOOLED, please read. [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Even a savvy old dog like me can be FOOLED, please read.

GordonJ
July 19, 2010, 10:50 AM
A couple of months back I found someone on eBay who was selling a course on how to make oodles of bux on ebay. One person actually bought the course and reported back to me. Here is an email I rec'd last night, please read it, valuable point made.

Dear Gordon,

Thanks.

In an effort to generate some chatteling - case studies - I made a small GOOF.

Just a HEads Up for your sowpub readers.

The person you found on ebay who makes 6 figures on Ebay that charges 500, 2500.00 10grand to
pupils who want to learn his system.

Is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

Heather is actually Roger.

And After he persuades you by phone to p aypal him AROUND Ebay - and you part with your 500.00 bucks.

He walks you thru his system. (Which HE himself doesn't use anymore cuz the margins have shrunk to 3 to 5.00 an item due to the fact he has taught 42 others!)

A - He shows you how to "Borrow" items off the 1000 best s eller list on amazon.

B - Steal the photo and the copy

C - Add some key words

D - LIST them on Ebay

E - When they s ell - you pretend to the AMAZON seller that YOU are a b uyer. Type in YOUR B uyers' name, address

F - The Amazon supplier ships direct to THEM (not you)

========================
========================
Roger claims he can put up 200 items a nite

I could only manage 10 and none of them s old. (I did panic when 1 guy wanted me to over-night him an air mattress!)

AFTER 5 days... of waiting for Roger to Come up with more ideas.

I decided my idea of HADES - would be handling 100's of orders at 3.00 to 5.00 each

Told Him, "What ELSE ya got. I can't do this. It's not working."

CUZ he was bragging about what his 2500.00 and 10Grand customers get and his other wholesale warehouse sources.

HE said...

"THAT's it."

Got Upset when I wanted my 500.00 back.

STIFFED ME.

I waited a month.

Thought I'd pass this on to you.

Glenn

This guy, Roger is a crook.

And the lesson is:

Even for Old Dogs. BE careful what people put up on the Internet and do your DUE DILIGENCE.

It is at once, an exciting time to be Online and also a time for listening to old gut warnings, such as; if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is...do your homework.

THANKS GLENN

Gordon

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page