Go to the Main Business Forum page

New low-level, guerilla marketing, local location discovery... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New low-level, guerilla marketing, local location discovery...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

-TW
September 19, 2010, 09:25 PM
I discovered this anomaly -- I'm pretty sure the set up is the same, nationwide...

(and yes, it's a low-level, grunt-work, intrusive advertising + promotion method)

I call it... the REDBOX MINI-LEDGE METHOD.

1) Go here to find your local redbox locations...
http://www.redbox.com/Locations/LocationSearch.aspx

2) -- get heavyweight biz cards or make large promo pieces by making them ***2-UP*** to fit within standard postcard size (each piece is approx 4x3, finished size)

3) -- distribute them locally (by hand) on top of the newly "discovered" REDBOX LEDGE(s) in your area.

What is the REDBOX LEDGE, you ask?

I've included 2 pix, so you can see for yourself.

It's a tiny ledge built into every redbox machine.
It's a little shelf, upon which you can put your promo pieces.

This is in a place (visually) where EVERYONE who "does business" with the redbox kiosk, MUST, MUST, MUST spend their ENTIRE "visit" staring your promo piece in the face!!!

Also, the redbox machines are specifically designed to run with absolute MINIMUM intervention by real humans (maybe 1x per week) -- which means it's unlikely that anyone from the redbox team will show up to spoil your promo piece distribution plans.

Note: Littering is bad, hence the need to use heavy card stock to defeat the wind challenge.

Enjoy!

-- TW

PS: See 2 photos below, which will make everything clear.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page