Go to the Main Business Forum page

I made $780 TODAY... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I made $780 TODAY...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Adman
March 7, 2011, 06:08 PM
Last week...one of the restaurants who allow me to provide their regular Menus for them (Full Color Laminated BEAUTIES with 16 advertisers on 8 pages)...asked me if I could provide them with "TO GO" Menus....since they get a lot of requests for them.

I responded with "You Bet"!

So....I took their "Regular" Menu....knocked out some things that "To-Go" people would not be interested in like..."Side Orders" or..."Small Stuff"... whipped up a Sample on my MSPub....with a Neat COVER and some good-looking Graphics AND....a page for Advertisers (10 Spots at $260 each)

Printed out a Sample on my InkJet....made up a "Rate Sheet" and went out and made some In-Person visits on local businesses.

I just walked in...introduced myself to the owner as, "working WITH Charley's Restaurant, down the street" and...."I'm making up their To-Go Menus that diners can take home and KEEP....to refer to whenever they want to order some food and go PICK IT UP!

Here's what it will look like (as I hand him my Mock-Up)

There are 10 spaces and I can put YOUR business in one for $260. And, YOUR business will have an EXCLUSIVE!....which means YOU will be the ONLY ____ on the Menu! "

Now...you viewers! Pay CLOSE ATTENTION to what I'm about to tell you! It CAN make YOU....LOTS of Money!

Instead of Himming and Hawing around trying to come up with a way to ASK HIM TO BUY!....I....in my years of experience in selling stuff like this....do NOT....ASK....him to "Buy"!...or, ask if I can include him...or ANY other kind of "Closing Question"!

(Here IT comes!) I pause a few seonds and before he can say anything.... I simply say; "Do you have a Logo??"

Heck....one of the first things most small businesses do is..."Create a LOGO or GRAPHIC that THEY think will ....overwhelm their customers with how professional they are....and will FORCE people to buy their stuff.

So...when little ol' me....asks for their LOGO or GRAPHIC (that they spent LOTS of money and Time on).....it takes their mind OFF....MY program and onto...their Logo. With....the result being....when they produce their LOGO or GRAPHIC (that they're VERY PROUD of)....guess what?

THEY HAVE BOUGHT MY PROGRAM.....WITHOUT little ol' me....asking if they want to buy!

You get the "Psychology" here?

So....this morning....(after making some comments here on SowPub)...I hustled over to the restaurant....showed the owners my Mock-Up. They approved it AND.....gave me the "Contact" sheet I left with them last week (to fill in the names of their suppliers and regular diners).....about 18 businesses.

I then went over to their Insurance Agent's office.....HVAC guy and Carpet Cleaner....and sold them a spot on my To-Go Menu....for $260 each ($260 x 3 = $780) Took less than an hour.

Tomorrow morn...I'll take my sample To-Go menu and visit a few more prospects the restaurant owner gave me....and....I'll be surprised if I don't get 7 more biz people who eat at "my" restaurant....to pop for a space for $260.

$1,820 + $780 today = $2,600 Not bad...for 2 days "work". And my costs will be less that $200...so....I will NET $2400...for a simple "idea"

And....there are another 4 restaurants here who would LOVE to have MY... FREE....FULL Color Take-Out Menus....and....they'd LOVE to give me a List of their suppliers and regular diners....and....these people would LOVE to fork over $260....to have THEIR business on a Take-Out Menu at their "Regular Eating Place"!

You kiddin' ME! This is like "taking candy from a baby" with the main difference being....the Baby GIVES YOU it's candy!"

Don Alm...marketing guy

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page