Go to the Main Business Forum page

PART FOUR...THE NEXT DEPRESSION begins on Friday at 9:30 AM... [Archive] - SOWPub Small Business Forums

PDA

View Full Version : PART FOUR...THE NEXT DEPRESSION begins on Friday at 9:30 AM...

Pages : [1] 2

GordonJ
March 9, 2011, 07:44 PM
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

I think the first snowball will be tossed from the mountain top and whether it gains speed and grows bigger or is dissipated on a rock below...

we'll see.

The DEPRESSION indicator will be near the opening bell of NYSE and NASDAQ.

By then, we'll be a few hours into the Shiite protests in Saudi Arabia. It is estimated that Shiites comprise about 15 to 20% of the Muslim populations...but they are a people who have felt repressed for centuries and in Saudi Arabia, the place of the "split" between followers of Mohammed, is especially important.

They have for centuries, and in the last century during the oil boom and the rise to power of Sunni Princes...the Shiite population has been seething.

We'll see how much pent up frustration they release on Friday.

More importantly, for the whole region and world, is how the Sunni Monarchy RESPONDS.

Speculators will be chomping at the bit for the opening bell...perhaps pushing up gold and oil considerably.

IF there is a fear, real or perceived, that Saudi oil is at risk...look for 4.00 a gallon gas at the pumps by the end of the day.

IF the protests come across as peaceful, if the Shiite have their say and their day...and perceived concessions are granted...and Saudi has plenty of money to spend...but, can they buy off a revolt which has been brewing for centuries?

We'll see.

Today, we seem to have resurrected the HAWKS from the Vietnam War era...Sen McCain wants a NO FLY zone imposed on Libya now...why wait?

Since America has called for Kadafi to step down...and he appears to be gaining ground against the "revolutionaries"... have we put our collective foot in our mouth?

I don't know.

I'm saying to get ready. For something huge. IF it doesn't come, your only downside is you'll have more money and some food to share with others.

This sounds a little like the Y2K prepardness, but this time, the threat is very real for one simple reason...America's dependency on OIL.

We'll see on Friday if the snowball is thrown or not.

Make as much CASH as fast as you can.
Start buying tomorrow's food at today's prices.
Join or form a buying co-op to stretch your buying power.

Gordon J. Alexander

PS. A note on chatteling, my preferred way to generate cash.

Today, I use only 3 tools. Craigslist, ebay and google.

Try this experiment.

Go to your local craigslist and search the FOR SALE sections. Use the DOLLAR amounts for search parameters. Put 1000 in min and 2000 in maximum...and race through every for sale subject.

Keep a pen handy and write down some of the items you see.

What you'll have at the end of this list is perhaps, as many as 10 or more items which are UNDERVALUED. And this undervalued chattel represents a quick and easy 300 to 500 dollars.

You can determine "value", somewhat, by using ebay completed listings for comparison and see what similar items have sold for...and use google (I use images) to locate retail and wholesale and other values.

It isn't about the what (as I've said 1001 times, it is all about the how much)...the what is irrelevant as long as there is demand for it and you find it undervalued.

Honest to God, it ain't Rocket Surgery.

Some recent posts on the forum...

Unusual Business Ideas
Interesting, proven, and unusual business ideas
Entrepreneur-Web Internet Resources
Directory of resources for entrepreneurs
Best of Sowpub
Some of the best posts

This is a SOWPub Archive page